VelveTouch Carbon Semi-Metallic disc brake pads are designed for severe-duty automotive and truck fleet applications. This unique formulation combines the performance and heat resistance of carbon fiber composites with the durability of traditional semi-metallic brake pads. Advanced friction technology partnered with the quality and safety of Aerospace design is the foundation of Carbon Semi-Metallic brake pads.
F1 Carbon Semi-Metallic Compound
Engineered specifically for class 1 through 3 automotive and truck fleet applications.
- SUV, RV, Limo & Pickup Trucks
- Emergency Vehicles
- Police & Taxi
- Light and Medium-duty Commercial Trucks
F3 Carbon Semi-Metallic Compound
Developed specifically for class 2 through 6 commercial truck fleets.
- Conventional Vans
- Large Walk-in Delivery Trucks
- School Bus
- Utility Vehicles
- Construction Vehicles
- Extended Pad Life: Up to 40% improved pad life, minimizing annual brake changes per vehicle.
- Extended Rotor Life: Carbon Semi-Metallic applies a micro-carbon transfer film on the rotor surface. This transfer film dramatically improves rotor life and minimizes the potential of rotor warpage and heat cracking.
- Noise Pollution: Unlike many traditional semi-metallic pads, Carbon Semi-Metallic is extremely quiet.
- Safety / Fade Resistance: Compared to traditional replacement pads, Carbon Semi-Metallic can operate 200 to 400 degrees hotter without significant friction loss.
- Safety / Bond: Carbon Semi-Metallic brake pads utilize world-class chemical and mechanical bonding technology and procedures. For the most severe braking applications, VelveTouch has developed the new INNERLOCK system, which features hundreds of small-extruded hooks that are molded directly into the friction material. In terms of bond and shear strength, there is no better product.
Browse by Vehicle